Cévenol pure souche, this mountain guide since 2008 offers a range of activities around hiking… on foot, by bike, with a donkey, roaming… but always in the respect of the environment and the human.
The young guide has at heart to transmit his passion for his region. With his beautiful accent that sings, he recounts over the course of the walks, the history of Protestantism in the Cevennes, the wars of religion and a whole bunch of anecdotes about the villages and people who have made this land live. As far as his commitment to sustainable tourism is concerned, some people limit themselves to awareness-raising speeches, but Julien goes further. Some of his outings are “marked” with the prestigious Esprit Parc label, issued by the Cévennes National Park. A member of the Cévennes Ecotourism association, one of the pioneers of sustainable tourism in Europe, Julien is also involved with other tourism professionals to promote the Cévennes, consistent with economic development, the local social fabric and the preservation of the environment.
To share his passion for his territory, he offers during the summer season a rich and varied program for an immersion full nature:
– Every Thursday morning: The Valley of the Camisards Hiking on the theme of history and heritage
– Thursdays 23 and 30 July, 6 and 20 August: The festival of the valats Evening show in the middle of nature
– Every Friday: Feet in the water Hiking in the Gorges du Gardon and swimming
All year round, upon reservation, Julien Travier also offers:
– The Stevenson crossing
– The Cevennes by mountain bike
– Adventure day
– Orienteering Going to discover the Cevennes country and its culture with Soléaire, it is the guarantee of an authentic meeting… But above all…a great way to travel responsibly!
To meet him
Hameau de Paussan 30140 MIALET
06 67 34 05 58